|To the finish and beyond!|
I found this race in November 2015 through ultrasignup.com and was excited to find out that:
- It starts at a brewery
- Ends at a brewery
- It starts and ends at a brewery
- Free beer
- Not far, about an hour away
- Free beer ... oh, did I say that already?
- Registration was relatively inexpensive - $64
- It's springa! April 16 shouldn't be too cold.
- Reputable organizers. I've done 3 Uberendurance races and they were all well-organized. In addition, race director Stephan Weiss responds promptly to questions with kindness.
Serenaded by an accordion player at about mile 5.
The beautiful yet hilly all asphalt course circled the farmlands of Adamstown, Pennsylvania. It was tough to get lost as we were greeted and guided by happy volunteers at every crucial turning points. There were also clear mile markers, several hydration stations that served water and Gatorade, and lots of porta potties at the start/finish area and 2 at some point on the course,
The hefty post race buffet included sausages, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, cookies and candies, water, and of course, beer.
|Back in time.|
|Met April before the race,|
Thank you to all the volunteers and organizer of this race. Unfortunately, this was the last. Uberendurance Sports retired the race as registration was not improving.